[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 02:17:42 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:01 PM, David Moore <dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
>>
>> David Moore wrote:
>>> I guess so. What exactly would you like to do? If you mean a myth user
>>> job that runs automatically for every recording then I'm not sure what
>>> you have in mind. Or do you mean a script you run from the command line,
>>> e.g., to trim recordings or join recordings?
>>>

>> See this link:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs
>>
>> Basically you write a script in what ever language you want and what you
>> would normally type into the command line is what you would put into the
>> user job setup and Myth will run the job either automatically or you can
>> manually select it to run.  The above link shows that there are some
>> variables which Myth can provide to make it work generically (eg
>> filename, filepath)
>>

> Yes I understand that. Sorry but what I meant was what is your end
> objective of running the user job? Transcode? Cut? Something else?
> Wouldn't be too hard to script the transcoding using a similar technique
> to Craig B's hdvideo2ipod.sh script. Cutting would be harder because (I
> think) it would involve sql to access the cutlist in the myth database.
> I'm a fairly basic sql user and I haven't used it from a script yet so
> this would be a bit of a learning curve for me.

Take a look at these recent conversations on the -users list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442784#442784

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442240#442240

I am pretty sure how to extract the cutlist is discussed there
somewhere, or appears in the code they are discussing.

basically I think you are looking in the recordedmarkup table