[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jul 22 00:52:05 BST 2010

Craig Blaikie wrote:
>> David Moore wrote:
>>> Lots more to learn no doubt. :-) All feedback appreciated.
>>>
>> Have you considered putting a script together which could be run as a
>> user job?  Then some of those of us that are interested in getting this
>> to work could do some actual testing and spread the workload.
>>

>> I guess so. What exactly would you like to do? If you mean a myth user
>> job that runs automatically for every recording then I'm not sure what
>> you have in mind. Or do you mean a script you run from the command line,
>> e.g., to trim recordings or join recordings?
>
> I've been putting together a hdvideo2ipod.sh script that I'm happy to share,
> it works but is a bit rough around the edges.
>
> It uses ffmpeg to see if the audio is ok, then parses to VLC to convert LTAM
> audio to something useful, then hands the whole lot back to ffmpeg to do the
> final transcoding.
>
> I've put it up on my blog at
> http://craigosaurous.blogspot.com/2010/07/hdvideo2ipodsh.html
>
> Cheers,
>   Craig

That's cool Craig. I was thinking of using ffmpeg to analyse the
recording in a similar way to what you have done in your script. Couple
of things: TV3 has an AC3 audio track that I use without transcoding
(might not matter in your application) and it looks like the end of some
of the script lines have been clipped off.