[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

Craig Blaikie craig at gregor.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 13:32:54 BST 2010

> David Moore wrote:
>> Lots more to learn no doubt. :-) All feedback appreciated.
>>

> Have you considered putting a script together which could be run as a
> user job?  Then some of those of us that are interested in getting this
> to work could do some actual testing and spread the workload.
>

> I guess so. What exactly would you like to do? If you mean a myth user
> job that runs automatically for every recording then I'm not sure what
> you have in mind. Or do you mean a script you run from the command line,
> e.g., to trim recordings or join recordings?

I've been putting together a hdvideo2ipod.sh script that I'm happy to share,
it works but is a bit rough around the edges.

It uses ffmpeg to see if the audio is ok, then parses to VLC to convert LTAM
audio to something useful, then hands the whole lot back to ffmpeg to do the
final transcoding.

I've put it up on my blog at
http://craigosaurous.blogspot.com/2010/07/hdvideo2ipodsh.html

Cheers,