[mythtvnz] motherboard for 10.04

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 19 21:19:35 BST 2010

On 19/07/10 19:06, Noel & Di wrote:
> VGA d-sub to the LCD TV.  Now what comes highly recommended to replace
> the back end machine?  (I have found VGA for the DVB-S is adequate in
> the lounge

I have an LCD and theres a noticeable difference between VGA and
DVI->HDMI   The colour is way better, but the resolution of the DVI
input is fixed at slightly smaller than the VGA.

> Also I had 2Gb of DDR2 ram in the old BE, and a Pentium 3.0GHz processor.

You can't buy a new board for that - you'll need to go to trademe or
similar.

> Also I am starting a server rack setup for another "toy-office" at home,
> so what rack-mount stuff is out there&  suitable for myth?

The best server/rack kit is a generic box which takes ATX components.
That way you can replace/upgrade with normal parts rather

Other rack gear tends to have custom motherboards etc.

$1500ish gets you a low-spec HP DL120 with a dual core Pentium and 2GB
ram.  Space for 4 sata drives but only 1x160GB.   Note - servers only
have PCIe these days.   Rails are included but optical drives aren't.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/