[mythtvnz] motherboard for 10.04

Noel & Di noel at igrin.co.nz
Mon Jul 19 08:06:24 BST 2010

I've had a catastrophic HDD failure.The HDD now has a wee hole in the
top of one of the chips where the smoke got out.
LUCKILY it was the system drive with Mythbuntu 8.04LTS on it, AND my
recordings+database is on different drive.
(BTW the issue with some recordings ending shortly was a dying skystar2
dvb-s card)
Time for a rebuild with 10.04.
I used to run a combination BE/FE which fed the existing house coax from
a Raedon card via AV out, plus one FE box in the lounge which used the
VGA d-sub to the LCD TV.  Now what comes highly recommended to replace
the back end machine?  (I have found VGA for the DVB-S is adequate in
the lounge & the other tv's are all ancient rear-projection monsters
that have a low res so you can't tell anyway!) I know Steven E uses an
Asus M2NPV-VM in his myPVR range.  Also I had 2Gb of DDR2 ram in the old
BE, and a Pentium 3.0GHz processor.
Also where would users suggest I procure such hardware from?  Shameless
plugs for fellow list users will be accepted, or I can be contacted
off-list so as not to breach list policy.
Also I am starting a server rack setup for another "toy-office" at home,
so what rack-mount stuff is out there & suitable for myth?