[mythtvnz] Optus D1 SBS

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:51:54 BST 2010

On 16 July 2010 07:43, Matt Poff <matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz> wrote:

> I've had patches of high signal but also high bit error rates causing loss
> of reception recently. The drop outs often seem to occur for recordings on
> from around 12AM to 4AM. I guess it's some issue with atmospherics/alignment
> etc. I'm in the hills in Wellington BTW and the line of sight for the dish
> just scrapes over the top of a ridge.
>
> What's more annoying is that I've stopped getting EIT feeds for the SBS
> channels without having changed *anything *in Myth. I've got two DVB-S
> cards and both are set to not actively scan (so they don't block FreeView
> locks). Problem is, even if I watch an SBS channel for 30 minutes the EIT
> doesn't trigger. Any ideas?
>
> Matt

Hmmm, that's interesting.  While SBS has recorded according to the schedule
(here in Dunedin central) in the last few days, there are some gaps in mt
eit data, this coming saturday in particular.  Although it seems to have
fixed itself for later next week, it hasn't filled the gaps in.

Guess I have to pull my finger out and figure out how to get xmltv
working...

Brendan