[mythtvnz] Optus D1 SBS

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 20:43:04 BST 2010

I've had patches of high signal but also high bit error rates causing
loss of reception recently. The drop outs often seem to occur for
recordings on from around 12AM to 4AM. I guess it's some issue with
atmospherics/alignment etc. I'm in the hills in Wellington BTW and the
line of sight for the dish just scrapes over the top of a ridge.

What's more annoying is that I've stopped getting EIT feeds for the
SBS channels without having changed anything in Myth. I've got two DVB-
S cards and both are set to not actively scan (so they don't block
FreeView locks). Problem is, even if I watch an SBS channel for 30
minutes the EIT doesn't trigger. Any ideas?

Matt

On 15/07/2010, at 11:05 PM, Brendan Dacre wrote:

> No, got the Tour de France, World News etc fine...
>
> Brendan
>
> On 15 July 2010 22:14, Jim Tittsler <Jim at onnz.net> wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems receiving SBS in the past two days?

.headfirst
WEB DEVELOPERS .ENGAGING .USEFUL .WORKS
web:www.headfirst.co.nz
email:matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz