[mythtvnz] Can't get lock on some channels

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:36:58 BST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Julius Spencer <julius at msa.co.nz> wrote:

> On 10/07/2010, at 7:16 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Julius Spencer <julius at msa.co.nz>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone has come across this. When I try to change
> channels, some channels are not getting a lock eg:
> > 1035, 1036, 1038, 1904, 1908, 1909
> >
> > These work:
> > 1910
> > 1920
> > 1921
> > 1922
> > 1923
> > 1924
> > 1925
> > 1926
> > 1927
> > 1928
> > 1931
> > 1940
> >
> > What are they, DVB-S pids?
> >
> > If this is a Freeview satellite system then it looks like the working
> pids are on one multiplex and non-working pids are on the other. My guess is
> that one of your multiplexes isn't correctly setup. But it's hard to say
> since you've given us no information on what your system is like.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Steve
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I'm using Mythdora and DVB-S on a Nova-S-Plus. If
> more information is required please let me know. Sorry for the lack of info
> - wasn't sure what would help. I think that sounds about right - do you know
> where the multiplexes are configured? (I'm guessing somewhere in MyhtTv
> setup...

It should all happen automatically when you do a channel scan. I'd try to
tune the two multiplexes from the shell, e.g. with:
dvbtune -f 1183000 -s 22500 -p h -m
1183000 is the intermediate frequency from the LNB. The two multiplex
frequencies are 12456000kHz and 12483000kHz - subtract your LNB local
oscillator frequency from these to get the intermediate frequency to use. In
my case my LNB (an old Sky installed one) has a frequency of  11300000.

If you can lock the two frequencies with dvbtune then myth must be
misconfigured. Easiest might be to just rescan. If you can't lock one of the
frequencies from the command line then something else is the problem -
hardware or driver most likely.

Cheers,