[mythtvnz] Nvidia Card with component out

Rama Madhusudhan rama.madhusudhan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 10:32:20 BST 2010

People,
Thanks for all the information provided in this thread.  I purchased an
HVR-1200 capture card and noticed that my nvidia 7200 video card playing
TV1, and TV2 without pausing.  However TV3 was a different story .. frequent
pauses - once every 4-5 seconds.  I am aware that 8xxx cards onwards support
VDPAU.  I have a CRT TV that supports 1080i on its component inputs.  I do
see the difference in picture quality on the component input between a DVB-S
and DVB-T recording/livetv.  I am loathed to purchase another TV although
they are cheap-as-chips these days.  Picking up a used card or an nvidia
8400GS silent new (for $50) seems like the answer.  The newer cards appear
to have dropped support for component video out in the extensive search I
have done.

Sincerely,
Rama