[mythtvnz] Nvidia Card with component out

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Wed Jul 7 02:48:46 BST 2010

Most but not all :) I have a HP/Compaq small form factor box which has
> a P4 and a PCIe 16 slot. It has a 8400 card in it and will play 1080p
> h264 without breaking sweat.

Just not at 1080i (TV3) with nice de-interlacing.

One thing that did catch me out was coupling a newer 9600GT board with
an older m/b.  It posted but didn't output anything (at all) to the
monitor.
This happened on two different older (AMD) main boards.  I thought that
PCI-E 2.0 was supposed to be backward compatible with version 1.0x
m/b's.  Anyway I ended up having to buy a new m/b as well!

So in my experience at least the current PCI-E cards may not work in a
computer as old as you mentioned.

Nevertheless if he wants a VDPAU card with component analog and enough
grunt to do h264 2x HW de-interlacing there are 8600GT's on Trademe
ranging from $50-80.

--
Graeme