[mythtvnz] Nvidia Card with component out

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Wed Jul 7 01:13:08 BST 2010

On 06/07/10 17:56, stuart wrote:
> Hi Guys
>     I bought the following card for around the $180 mark from Mark at
> Paradigm, as I have finally think I am ready to put the box into the
> lounge I still have to set up the hdmi on it, so will let you know how
> this goes .Also not using the remote or lux sensing unit.
> Asus GT 220 Bravo SILENT 1GB PCI-E HDTV VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile Capable
> VGA Card (BRAVO 220 SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP))
> Stu
> On 7/5/2010 10:12 PM, Brett wrote:
>
>> Second the GT220..
>> It much the same price but so much better than 9400 or 9500GT&   silent
>> is available.
>> Careful to get a version with the exact outputs you want&   not what the
>> shop wants to sell you..

The guy wanted analog component, what use are these cards to him?
If we were really helping, wouldn't we give him the manufacturer, card
model, $ and supplier to get it from.
If he is only using SD what's the point of having VDPAU anyway?
Aren't there legacy drivers for the older cards that give MPEG-2
acceleration? :-)

--
Graeme