[mythtvnz] Scheduling conflict with multirec

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Tue Jul 6 20:50:40 BST 2010

On 05/07/10 01:07, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Prime and 3 are on different multiplexes and can't be recorded by the
> same physical tuner.

Thanks Steve,

This answered my question. Neither mythtv.co.nz nor mythtv.org's page on
multirec have this information (Prime is not included) and I thought
Prime was on the Mediaworks multiplex.

> No, that's not how it works. Priorities are used to decide what to
> schedule first. The scheduler doesn't try multiple permutations to find
> a schedule that records the maximum number of programs - it's basically
> a single pass algorithm that schedules things in priority order.

This was helpful, thanks. On this occasion that makes sense (as the
multiplexes can't all be recorded). In my previous example, though,
switching things around meant that I could record everything on
equal-priority inputs, so it would be nice if MythTV did that for me. At
the least, it would be nice if one could override the tuner to be used
for a specific recording in the Upcoming Recordings screen, so that
conflicts can be manually resolved.

Thanks again,

Aaron