[mythtvnz] Mythtv on Server hardware

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Sat Jul 3 01:27:03 BST 2010

On 2/07/10 8:14 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> My Sony LCD boasts 300W which rather makes me pissed off to come down
> in the morning to find the backlight glow on! Such is the consequence
> of getting to the timeof life when teenagers go to bed before their
> parents!

My Sony LCD has an eco option "Idle TV Standby". I've set it to it's max
at 3 hours. After 3 hours idle it prompts for any key press to keep
going, otherwise it goes to standby. Since everything we watch is via
Myth, once the TV is turned on we don't use the TV remote, so we have to
scramble for it every 3 hours to push a button to keep it going, but
it's great for handling the kid situation you describe.

  - Wade