[mythtvnz] More HD questions

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Jan 26 02:12:18 GMT 2010

A couple of days playing with the new DVB-T tuner and generally I'm
impressed. Two symptoms which I think are related on TV ONE and TV2

Firstly, commercial breaks seem to get flagged at half the duration they
should be - generally about 1:55 rather than the 4:00 I usually see.
Secondly, when editing a recording to put a cutlist into it, the imported
cutlist only extends to half way through the recording - so again off by a
factor of 2 - but the number of breaks looks about right.

I'm sure I've seen something related to this commited to trunk for a
HD-PVR problem (show length off by 2) but I'm running 0.22-fixes :-)

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Another quickie - TV3 I'm sure had the text (HD) in their EPG for true
1080i broadcasts but I've not seen it for a while - am I just unlucky?

When they do turn on the HD tap, will I get an audio track selection on
the playback menu to get the surround sound?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks