[mythtvnz] Mythcommflag problem?

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Tue Jan 26 01:12:21 GMT 2010

Since upgrading to 0.22 (Mythbuntu 9.10, JYA's repository) I've been having
an occasional problem with my combined frontend/master backend. Myth
sometimes becomes unresponsive and/or fails to start LiveTV, sometimes
reporting that it cannot connect to the master backend (which is running
fine) after a lengthy pause. I think I have nailed it down to occurring when
I am trying to watch an HD broadcast on TV3 and at the same time
mythcommflag is processing another HD broadcast. Killing all mythcommflag
jobs fixes the problem. Using atop shows a max CPU usage at around 25%, and
disc I/O at up to 75% when mythcommflag is running. I tried changing the
mythcommflag methods from All to Logo only, but this made no real
difference.  I had no issues like this under 0.21.

Anyone seeing similar things?

James.