[mythtvnz] MythWeather - how to get weather for nz cities?

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Fri Jan 22 23:11:22 GMT 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:45:33 John Russell wrote:
> Howdy,
> when I scan for my city  (Palmerston North) in MythWeather, I get 0 results.
>
> When I scan for New Zealand, I get a choice of Aklnd, Wgtn, ChCh, and New
> Plymouth.
>
> How do I get this to work?
>
> Cheers
> John

I'm in Hamilton and could never get weather either. An XML feed with your city's weather is required, but it seems that the feeds provided tend to be the three main cities only. The iGoogle Weather widget and other sites have Palmerston North etc, so it should be possible to scrape these pages, but that's beyond my ability and I never found a sample script I could hack to try and do it.