[mythtvnz] MythTV on separate X screen?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jan 20 04:38:51 GMT 2010

I am not sure of the correct terminology here, so bare with me.
Mythfrontend normally runs fullscreen, and I also want to be able to
use the desktop underneath it.  The only keyboard minimising control I
can find that mythfrontend responds to is Ctrl-Alt-d, which minimises
everything to show a clean desktop.  That is very annoying when I want
to be able to work on the windows underneath.  So is it possible to
set up a second X screen and run Mythfrontend on that (say
Ctrl-Alt-F8) and keep the desktop visible on the normal X screen
(Ctrl-Alt-F7)?  I do want to keep keyboard access to mythfrontend, so
a separate X server is not the answer.