[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Thu Jan 14 22:21:10 GMT 2010

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:23:40 Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
>> The most likely way that I can
>> see this working is if the EPG ends up using information from something
>> like tvdb. I can see someone like SchedulesDirect (or maybe a wiki-based
>> interface to epg.geek, or something) linking programs to episodes in
>> tvdb or imdb etc.
>
> This is something that's been on my TODO list for a quite some time now. I
> imagine a web interface where people can go and view a current program guide.
> When they view a program they are presented with possibilities that match from
> thetvdb.com or themoviedb.org, click one that matches and data is
> automatically populated/overridden.

Sounds excellent! Perhaps you could crib substantially from MythWeb.

> One of the things that has held me back (apart from free time) is my doubts on
> how many contributors there would be. Are there people who honestly think that
> they would help out with something such as this?

I fully appreciate that this is a free-time thing and you do a great job
already. I guess that my honest answer would be that I would do it for
most shows that I record. It would be a little annoying to have to do it
from scratch every week when it was just the previous week's plus one
episode, but maybe (far down on the wishlist) could be some way of
suggesting that in the interface.

It may be worth contacting Schedules Direct about your plans:
https://www.schedulesdirect.org/contact
as I believe that they were talking about an interface for users to edit
their (already good) data. It seems like a lot of work to do just for NZ
when it would be applicable worldwide.

Regards,

Aaron