[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:49:15 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> How it's used
>> > could affect it's value as well, for example is it only for a particular
>> > season or for all seasons of a particular show? If it's specific to a
>> > season
>> > then it's pretty useless IMHO.
>>
>> Then again some people only want the current season, not every rerun!
>
> That's a good point, but then it doesn't help you catch the start of the
> next season which for me is the bigger problem as I don't really see any
> advertising. What we really need is episode and season numbers or at least a
> reliable "repeat" flag.

Whats a repeat for you may not be for someone else, it depends on when
you installed your myth system, what seasons you have on DVD, etc. The
completist may want everything, even old episodes.

Easier to record everything and delete what you don't want than to
record too little.

As for missed season premieres, I feel this is a legitimate use of
bittorrent etc. You talk to friends, they tell you about a fantastic
new programme you missed and you download the first episode, then
record the rest (if you like it of course).

Of course you can get myth to record every premiere - theres a feature
for that, but again it may depend on info we don't have in our
databases.