[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:08:39 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Myth seems to use more than the title to match whether it should
> record a showing or not.  Reason being that for a while my system
> wouldn't record South Park because it thought it had been recorded
> previously.  I'm not sure what it uses to determine this.
>
> Also it would be good if you could do partial matches or wildcard
> matches as I got caught out with new series have "All New ..."
> prepended to the show title.

Yes I missed '7 Days 12 months' because I only record '7 days'.
unrelated - tv3's website had a copy which played nicely fullscreen in
firefox, although had to switch to analogue sound.

You can do wildcard searches, but you need to do a custom recording rule.

when most nz tv companies cannot even put the episode title into the
subtitle field in stead of the description field, any sort of lookup
as to there an episode fits into the 'series' is gonna be a failure.