[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Wed Jan 13 22:14:13 GMT 2010

Nick Rout wrote:
>> It could give us some certainty in the face of title screwups, but
>> then if we don't trust Freeview to get the title right in the data then I'm
>> not sure we can trust them to get the series id right either. How it's used
>> could affect it's value as well, for example is it only for a particular
>> season or for all seasons of a particular show? If it's specific to a season
>> then it's pretty useless IMHO.
>
> Then again some people only want the current season, not every rerun!

Yes, one of my issues with the title search is that it records the
midday showings of old shows.

Series link will have to be reliable, as it is likely to be the only
option that myFreeview boxes have to record more than one showing.
Having used series link a lot on MySky boxes, I found it to be really
good. On MySky boxes, it is the a single series (say the 7-8pm showings
on Wednesday and Friday, but not the old series at midday, and catches
any time slips, such as a "feature-length finale"). In my experience, it
worked better than the combination of all 6(?) options in MythTV in 90%
of cases (which makes sense, as a person at Sky had gone through and set
it as intended). At the beginning, it was only set for prime-time
series, which meant that for others you had to set them to record each week.

More importantly, having one option that works in most cases made for
*much* easier scheduling, as you hit "(R)" in the programme guide to
record one showing and the yellow(?) button to record the series. We've
had MythTV running for nearly two years and I still struggle with which
recording option to use (none work perfectly).

Regards,

Aaron