[mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 12 04:09:38 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark de Reeper
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

Just checked using the HDHomerun util and I get the following for the three different MUX's

TV1 etc     Signal Strength 84% Signal Quality 66% Symbol Quality 100%
TV3 etc     Signal Strength 88% Signal Quality 84% Symbol Quality 100%
Prime etc  Signal Strength 89% Signal Quality 89% Symbol Quality 100%

So if signal quality is the one I should care about then it looks I need to improve the signal for the TV1 MUX but the others don't
look too bad. This is from an indoor aerial I recently purchased to replace the home built one
(http://uhfhdtvantenna.blogspot.com/), both are in the roof space. The home built one performed remarkably well but it was starting
to suffer a bit from the heat (the cardboard was starting to wilt).

Mark, my (Ngaio) numbers are currently:

TV1 etc     Signal Strength 89% Signal Quality 94% Symbol Quality 100%
TV3 etc     Signal Strength 86% Signal Quality 94% Symbol Quality 100%
Prime etc  Signal Strength 82% Signal Quality 84% Symbol Quality 100%

Be interesting to see if your problem is confined to ch 48?  Checking Prime it comes through cleanly over VLC live, which is my
worst channel at the moment.