[mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

tortise at paradise.net.nz tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 11 22:57:53 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark de Reeper
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

>How much of an influence does signal quality have on all of this? I can probably improve my aerial position to get a better signal,
>I do see the occasional artifacts on some recordings.

Should be no artifacts, Mark, what signal levels are you getting there?  I'll compare with the signal I get on mine.  From memory I
get 70 to 95% depending on the Mux. (I guess you know you can check the transmission data / video integrity also using VLC - given
enough CPU horsepower - and stream to a file - also direct from the HDHomerun. I can detail the commands if you need however the
Development manual from the Silicon Dust Web site should tell you all...)