[mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:37:20 GMT 2010

> Sometimes simply remuxing the file will fix some of those problems.
> myth creates its own entries for use by ff and rew in the database,
> but the popcornhour will not use these. Making the transport stream
> into a program stream may halp. I think the incantation is something
> like:
>
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy original.mpg new.mpg

Can you even put the H.264 video of Freeview HD into a MPEG-PS container?
According to the VLC developers you can't:
http://www.videolan.org/streaming-features.html
and
http://wiki.videolan.org/MPEG-TS#PS

I do re-muxing with VLC, but for other reasons (replace difficult LATM audio
codec with straight AAC) but I put it back into a TS file, a-la:
cvlc $FILE --quiet
--sout="#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:standard{mux=ts,dst=$FILE.new,access=file}:sout-transcode-soverlay=0"
vlc://quit

I use VLC because stable FFMpeg or Mencoder can't do this.