[mythtvnz] Anyone else using a HDHomerun/Mythtv/XBMC combo?

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Sun Jan 10 21:34:48 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Mark de Reeper
<mark.dereeper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else is using a similar combination and is having
> trouble free NZ Freeview playback.

The opposite; I have a different combination & occasionally have
problems with playback of programmes recorded from Freeview.

I have a PopcornHour A110 device doing the playback, and for some
programmes I get incorrect durations, and sometimes fast-forward fails
to return to normal speed at the correct place; on one worst-case
programme, the result of fast-forwarding at *any* point will cause a
return to the beginning when normal speed is re-selected.

I know my system hasn't changed in between instances of this problem,
so it must be something different in the programme as broadcast on
freeview. It seems to be related to metadata, not the actual
video/audio ... perhaps VLC trusts its own examination of the video
more than it trusts the supplied metadata?

If you have time to experiment, it may be worth trying to convert
these problem files into a different format, see if the problem
follows you through that.

-jim