[mythtvnz] Screen blanks after five minutes while watching TV

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:49:53 GMT 2010

Hi all,

This is probably a straight forward fix but when I'm watching TV
(either live or recorded) after five minutes the screen blanks.  I was
running Jaunty and this wasn't happening but I did an upgrade to
Karmic and Myth 0.22 which is when the problem started.  I realise
that its because there is a setting in Ubuntu to blank the screen when
its been idle and it is set to five minutes however I would have
thought that Myth should block this from activating as other media
players do - using Mplayer doesn't have an issue.  Has anyone got a
fix for this?

Ross