[mythtvnz] Converting PDF or XLS to XMLTV for Mythtv Importing

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:17:58 GMT 2010

Hi All

I get emailed the upcoming listing from Triangle which I want to find a
way of importing into Myth for easy recording of the few shows that I
like to watch. Currently I use a SQL Script to just input the data
directly into the database.

The listings come in the email in 2 formats. xls and pdf. They look
similar to the listings posted here on triangles web site. The email
also has the listings in the body of the email in a different format.
http://www.tritv.co.nz/stratosthisweek.php
However the files have nice colour coding to better identify the shows
type.

If anybody wants to look at the files, I can forward on the origional
email that I get if you want a better understanding of what the source
material is.

And before you ask, I have not been able to get any responce from
Triangle about getting a XMLTV feed directly from them.

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction to be able to achieve
this. If I can get this working I will share the files for the reset of
the community to be able to use if they wish.

Neil