[mythtvnz] OT: Recommended wiring scheme and RJ-45 connectors for Lexcom (Cat7) cable

Jean-Francois Pirus jfp at clearfield.com
Tue Feb 16 03:57:21 GMT 2010

see http://www.hvs.on.ca/modular_jack_wiring.htm

Pick T568A or T568B wiring standard, there is no real difference, just pick
one and stick to it,

The main thing is to keep the pairs together, which are
1 & 2
3 & 6
4 & 5
7 & 8

For the RJ-45 Lugs, the one thing to get right is the choice of stranded or
solid based on your cable. In-wall Cat7 should be solid core but it pays to
check.