[mythtvnz] nuvexport of HD recordings

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Feb 16 03:07:40 GMT 2010

> I haven't managed to get lossless transcoding working for H.264, only
> MPEG-2. Anyone else had better luck?

I haven't even got as far as getting commercial cutlist edited into place
correctly yet.

I raised this a while back on this list, and opened a ticket on Trac, but
so far nothing for 720p or 1080i H264 commercial detection - the position
and length seem to be off by 2 approximately. In fact even the skip on
playback doesn't seem very accurate with the H264 stuff - the mpeg2 from
DVB-S sources is spot on!!

If anyone has non-handbrake scripts I'd be very interested. Since HB uses
ffmpeg under the hood, I'd rather work at that level than install a pile
of dependences from an unstable repository.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks