[mythtvnz] nuvexport of HD recordings

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:24:39 GMT 2010

> I haven't managed to get lossless transcoding working for H.264, only
> MPEG-2. Anyone else had better luck?

Yes, slightly. I've been using the script below in a user job (with cvlc
from VLC) to do a stream copy of H.264 video while transcoding the audio
from LATM to straight AAC.

I couldn't figure out how to get audio sync perfect, but that's not a big
enough problem for me (or WAF). I wonder if ffmpeg has stable mainline LATM
support planned for the near future?

#!/bin/bash
if echo $1 | egrep -q '^2003'; then
 exit 0
fi
FILE=/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/$1
cvlc $FILE --quiet
--sout="#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:standard{mux=ts,dst=$FILE.new,access=file}:sout-transcode-soverlay=0"
vlc://quit 2>/dev/null
mv $FILE $FILE.old
mv $FILE.new $FILE
rm $FILE.old
/usr/bin/mythcommflag --rebuild --very-quiet -f $FILE
chown mythtv:mythtv $FILE
chmod 6775 $FILE