[mythtvnz] nuvexport of HD recordings

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Feb 15 00:23:06 GMT 2010

> On Mon, February 15, 2010 12:02 pm, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Has anyone managed to get nuvexport to understand H264 recordings? I get
>> as far as being told there is no profile for H264 but no clue is given
>> as
>> to where the profile is supposed to exist (MythTV?, novexport?,
>> ffmpeg?).
>
> Hi Robin
>
> Do you want to export from H.264 to other formats, or export to H.264?

I'm looking to convert from H264 HD broadcast to xvid/divx that my Via
Epia frontend can display (or any other format that the underpowered Via
board can handle...).

Note that I'm /not/ looking for realtime conversion, I /would/ like to
maintain as much quality as possible within the constraints of the
container formats and codecs that a 1.3GHz CPU can decode.

--
Robin Gilks