[mythtvnz] New Backend / Existing Frontends

Mythtv mythtv at jagds.com
Wed Feb 10 07:28:03 GMT 2010

[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Tortise
>Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:24 PM
>To: MythTV in NZ
>Subject: [mythtvnz] New Backend / Existing Frontends
>
>I've setup a new FE/BE and got it running.
>The existing and previously fine FE's cannot connect to the new box, they
have somehow got the correct new password, >hostname is
>correct however there is an asterisk by this complaining about not being
able to connect to the database.  The BE >setup included the
>"0000" to allow other boxes to access.
>Anyone got any ideas what's blocking the FE's on the new FE/BE?

When you say unable to connect to the database, is the actual message unable
to connect the master backend database?

If it is run mythfilldatabase on you backend, check what IP address it's
connecting to.

i.e.
| Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling.  |
| If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
| the master backend is restarted.                            |
2010-02-10 20:23:11.029 MythContext: Connecting to backend server:
10.1.1.3:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2010-02-10 20:23:11.030 Using protocol version 50
2010-02-10 20:23:11.037 mythfilldatabase run complete.
2010-02-10 20:23:11.038 DataDirect: Deleting temporary files

If it's using 127.0.0.1 or localhost then that's most likely your problem,
run mythtv-setup on the backend,and set the master backend ip to the correct
IP address for the backend.

Regards
Geoff