[mythtvnz] Problems with DVB-T

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 03:44:21 GMT 2010

Hi,

So far I'm lost as to what might be causing my issues. I recorded
'pirates of the caribbean' from tv3 on Thu. It played well using the
'slim' profile all the way through. On the other hand tv1 seems to
have some issues with live tv. At this stage I'm putting it down to my
experiment with various gentoo libraries and not running stable
version of mythtv.

I can also play using software decoder, with Athlon II X4 the load is
about 40% and no major issues so far (but I have not tried to watch
anything longer then a few mins).

I also suspect it might have something to do with cooling - the issues
normally start only after 10-15 mins of playback.
According to mythwiki 8200 should be good enough to play using
temporalx1 or advancedx1.

kind regards
Pshem