[mythtvnz] Problems with DVB-T

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Feb 5 19:37:37 GMT 2010

My "Mark 1" eyeballs for one source.

The 9400GT with 2x H/W deinterlace has degraded playback c.f. 1x H/W
deinterlace.
JYA has commented on this model v.s. 9500.

I would not recommend the 9400GT as for a couple of dollars more you get
a 9500.
Better still get the GT220. This has full hardware decoding & much
better performance v.s. power dissipation.

What's the point spending money on old model video card that will never
have feature set, no matter what happens to drivers & will burn more
electricity than purchase price difference in couple of months.
The running costs of a HTPC is very important, a better video card & hi
eff PSU is important.

Check the wikipedia nvidia page for GFLOPS & power features. etc..