[mythtvnz] Video Card Suggestion for HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 09:06:17 GMT 2010

On 19 December 2010 06:17, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> The audio capabilities aren't going to be used by many, not for a while.
> But please don't let that stop you from making it work..

Oh, but it's fully working as of a few days ago.

git at github.com:jyavenard/mythtv.git

branch fixes/0.24 for the new audio code backported to 0.24
branch master for the trunk version

There's also a new audio settings screen, can run speaker test too.
Not very pretty, but it works :)

DTS-HD MA, TrueAC3 , E-AC3 passthrough, all work.

If you are using my repo, then you've had it up and running too for
about a week now

As for the GT430 heating less. I have both a GT220 and a GT430. The
GT430 is almost 1/3rd of the size of the GT220 and comes with two
half-height bracket (one vga/dvi, one for dvi/hdmi).

Considering I've paid $5 extra for the GT430 over the GT220 that I got
last week, you'd be crazy to be a GT220 today.
There are fanless 430.

While mine doesn't fit in just one slot, it could "almost" fit. The
GT220 definitely takes two slot.

The 430 I got has a fan, but it's supposed to be dust resistant, and
it's virtually silent. so, for the time being it doesn't bother me