[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Dec 13 10:07:34 GMT 2010

On 13/12/2010 10:45 p.m., Brett wrote:
> 1080i60Hz is not right should be 1080p60 or i30. 3D NTSC blueray/ might
> be 1080i60.

This is via component - you were telling us we cannot get 1080p via
component into more TV's than this one....  Which way do you prefer it?

> You should not be using 30 or 60 for NZ recordings as you will have
> euro-judder&/or possible weird effects from confusing the TV into
> inverse telecine or other...
> TV recordings should be using i25 or p50 except for NTSC DVD etc..

While this seems intuitive the TV info reports receiving 1080i at 50 via
its freeview tuner and 1080i at 60 when receiving component from a 9400GT
PCI / mythtv

The NVIDIA gui also reports 60Hz for the TV, cuncurring with what the TV
is reporting.

I have no reason to doubt those info reports.  Seems to me NVIDIA
effectively converts 50Hz Freeview into 60Hz - and does it well to boot...