[mythtvnz] Serial IR blaster on USB to serial cable

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 21:29:20 BST 2010

Hi guys,

I found a cheap serial IR blaster online the other day and bought it.
After it arrived I realised that I don't have a serial port on my
computer!  Just a parallel one - why you'd want a parallel over a serial
I don't know.  So I borrowed a USB to serial cable from a friend and it
is recognised by the system.  Problem is that when you install lirc and
you activate the blaster option it asks you for the serial port you are
using and the USB version is not an option.  Anyone know whether I can
actually make it work using this cable and what config file I might need
to modify to get the correct port working?

Cheers

Rossco