[mythtvnz] dvd playback problem

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Aug 7 09:12:27 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 15:32 +1200, stuart wrote:
> Hi Nick
> How do I find the logs, as you can see this is all pretty new to me?
>
> On 8/7/2010 11:03 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM, stuart<stugo at xtra.co.nz>  wrote:
> >
> >> I have all these packages installed, when I try to run from Play DVD, the
> >> drive fails to spin , screen goes blank the comes back to menu Play DVD
> >> Stu
> >>
> > and your logs say?

Is another app or process taking exclusive access to the optical drive ?
Does mythtv user have access to optical drive ?

Shut down front end & insert new DVD.. What happens ?
If a system requester pops up prompting for action to perform, set No
action & tick always do this..

Do you get a mounted DVD disk & desktop icon with correct label/name ?