[mythtvnz] Viewsonic VOT132 vs Foxconn NT-330I

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 09:49:07 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine recently bought a Viewsonic VOT132 for a frontend.  I
> hadn't heard of these before and did some research.  They're a Ion based
> board similar to the revos.  In my searching I also discovered that this
> model is *supposed* to be a rebrand of the barebones Foxconn NT-330I.
> The latter item is more appealing as it doesn't have the HDD or Windows
> attachments.  But the only info I can find regarding the Foxconn and
> Mythtv is that they don't play well together...  Does anyone know
> anything about these units?  The Foxconn can be bought from US for a
> sharp price.

got to say my googling didn't seem to find anything better than your
research. Buy at your own risk I guess.

I have seen dual core revos with 2G ram for $450 "buy now" on trademe
recently. Down from considerably more a short time ago. They are
surely a safer bet? (although I am not sure what your 'sharp' price
for a foxconn is, and I',m not that motivated to find out given the
indications that it doesn't work out of the box with myth and that
it's manufacturer is unhelpful)