[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Apr 29 05:56:59 BST 2010

On Thu, April 29, 2010 3:51 pm, Solor Vox wrote:
> A bit overkill for a sourceforge project, but maybe others can
> contribute and improve it.  I did some searching around and found a
> few people who said it couldn't be done.  So by all means, feel free
> to send me suggestions and changes.   It only took a few hours to
> knock out so there has to be room for improvement.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mheg2xmltv/
>
> I'm considering adding channel id replacement code so it can be
> swapped in for other grabbers without much fuss.  Right now all the
> cid are what is transmitted in the MHEG data such as
> crid://tvnz.co.nz.  This could be changed to tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv so it
> matches other xmltv cid.
>
> I've not looked at other grabber code, but there isn't much more data
> in the MHEG stream.  So any other information, such as episode
> numbers, categories, and cast/crew would have to be supplementary
> applied to the xml file.

Nice start. Thanks for the work.

One initial problem is using the cid's the data for TV One and TV 2 are
mapped to the same channel.

The list of unique cids is

crid://basefm.co.nz
crid://c42.co.nz
crid://c4tv.co.nz
crid://chinesetv8.co.nz
crid://kordiasolutions.com
crid://maoritelevision.com
crid://parliament.nz
crid://primetv.co.nz
crid://radionzconcert.co.nz
crid://radionznational.co.nz
crid://tv3.co.nz
crid://tv3plus1.co.nz
crid://tvcentral.co.nz
crid://tvnz.co.nz

You would probably be better creating a map based on the SID, eg

1200 = tvone
1201 = tv2

I do like the way you extract the HD, teletext etc from the image references.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz