[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Solor Vox solorvox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 04:51:22 BST 2010

A bit overkill for a sourceforge project, but maybe others can
contribute and improve it.  I did some searching around and found a
few people who said it couldn't be done.  So by all means, feel free
to send me suggestions and changes.   It only took a few hours to
knock out so there has to be room for improvement.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mheg2xmltv/

I'm considering adding channel id replacement code so it can be
swapped in for other grabbers without much fuss.  Right now all the
cid are what is transmitted in the MHEG data such as
crid://tvnz.co.nz.  This could be changed to tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv so it
matches other xmltv cid.

I've not looked at other grabber code, but there isn't much more data
in the MHEG stream.  So any other information, such as episode
numbers, categories, and cast/crew would have to be supplementary
applied to the xml file.

Cheers,
sV