[mythtvnz] Good DVB-T USB capture device

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Apr 22 04:58:45 BST 2010

> Hi,
>
> After a few weeks of struggling with my Nova-500-TD I came to accept
> the fact that there is no way I can get TVONE to be recorded properly.
> Since the other multiplexes work well I'm planning to install another
> tuner.
> I have no more PCI slots left, so the only option is USB.  I looked at
> AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar (but apparently the aerial connector is
> not that great), Pinnacle PCTV NanoStick DVB-T and the Hauppage
> nova-500-t stick (I'm not too sure if I want another Hauppage in my
> box). What do you use in that space? Do you have any particularly good
> or bad experience with any USB DVB-T cards?

I'm using a Genius TV-GO USB tuner - change out of $55 and it "Just Works
(TM)"

Never failed in 6 months, it supports multiple PID filtering so multirec
works OK, one day I might even get the coldplug blacklist to load the
drivers correctly (I have to unplug & plug back in if the backend gets
power cycled).

--
Robin Gilks