[mythtvnz] xmltv-proc-nz problem with BBC World listings

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sat Apr 17 09:46:31 BST 2010

Hi all

I've presently an issue with the BBCWorldOnTV1 part of xmltv-proc-nz
(0.55) where the script fails - apparently due to newlines in the wrong
place:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 542, in <module>
     BBCWorldOnTV1('tv1.freeviewnz.tv', 'tv1.sky.co.nz'),
   File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 78, in __init__
     header = reader.next()
_csv.Error: new-line character seen in unquoted field - do you need to
open the file in universal-newline mode?

This was not an issue a couple of days ago on the last successful run
(yesterday's of course failed due to nzepg.org not responding but this
is now working again as covered previously on the list.)

I've tried a few things such as different line endings but frankly my
Python skills are lacking. I've tried downloading the file myself and
examining, but this does not reveal any obvious problems with the feed
(to me, at least.) Can anyone else see what is going on here? I presume
somehow the split on newlines on line 541 did not work and thus the
parser encounters a newline inside one of the CSV lines.

Thanks

Ross