[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 05:42:35 BST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is text in the guide in MHEG-5 guide absolutely positioned or some thing?
>
> I was under the impression that it was a csv file in the stream.. at
> least in england?

I believe that's more or less right, but the exact format is at the whim of
the broadcaster (as opposed to EIT data where it is specified by the
standard). Freveview could change that format at any time. Since the
software is also embedded in the MHEG stream they'd have no concerns about
breaking users' devices, so I doubt they'll hesitate to make changes (unlike
Sky who have to do a remote firmware upgrade with all the risks that
entails).

Cheers,