[mythtvnz] Use different tuner for adjacent recordings

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 10:15:37 BST 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Aaron Whitehouse <lists at whitehouse.org.nz>wrote:

> Sorry for a weekend of posts from me, but I'm sure that someone will
> have a quick answer for this.
>
> I have managed to set up 4 virtual tuners on each of my dual physical
> tuners. I want it so that, when there are two adjacent recordings, it
> will use two different tuners, so that it will keep the 5 mins before
> and 10 mins after with the recording.
>
> I'm pretty sure that there is a setting somewhere for this, but I just
> can't see it anywhere. I find MythTV's setup screens really difficult to
> navigate.

There is no global option for what you want (which is refered to as "hard
padding") - you just need to set the padding in the recording schedules.

There is an option in the settings for "Time to record before/after a show"
in Setup->TV Settings->General->General (Advanced) (the 4th screen). This is
for "soft padding" which means that Myth will only record the padding when
there are no adjacent shows and adjacent shows are not pushed to other
tuners. Sounds like you might have tried this before and I don't think it's
what you want.

Cheers,