[mythtvnz] mythbuntu

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 05:05:22 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Garrett Stoupe <garrett.stoupe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
> I am looking at setting up mythbuntu with freeview HD
> dvb-t card is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1110 DVB-T/Hyb
>
> 1 tb hard drive
> amd 64 bit x2
> 4 gig of ram
>
> has anyone got any instructions or howto on setting this up?
>
> Regards
> Garrett

1. I know nothing about your capture card, hopefully it works with linux :)

2. I would, at this stage, wait for mythbuntu 10.04 which is not far
away and should have mythtv-0.23, which will be released shortly
(currently at rc2).

3. get an nvidia 8xxx, 9xxx or 2xx video card for compatibility with
vdpau, which gives video acceleration in the GPU hardware.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vdpau

4. Make sure you set up a separate partition for /var/lib or
/var/lib/mythtv. I am unclear as to whether mythbuntu does this by
default now.

5. Conventional wisdom is to have the OS and database on a different
disk to your data, (which is in /var/lib/mythtv/). May pay to get the
smallest hard drive you can find (which is probably about 100G and
overkill) to use for /