[mythtvnz] DST Bug under Ubuntu 9.10

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Apr 4 01:50:14 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Ellis" <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 12:37 PM
Subject: [mythtvnz] DST Bug under Ubuntu 9.10

> Got an odd issue with the EPG this morning where everything is off by an
> hour until after 3pm.
>
> Here's a sample from the EPG data
>
>  <programme start="20100404134000 +1200" stop="20100404152000 +1200"
> channel="1036.dvb.guide">
>    <title lang="eng">Herbie: Fully Loaded</title>
>    <desc>Herbie, the free-wheelin' Volkswagen bug with a mind of its
> own, is back - and his new owner Maggie (Lindsay Lohan
> ) must put the car through its paces on the road to becoming a NASCAR
> champion. Also s</desc>
>    <category>tvshow</category>
>    <category>General Show</category>
>  </programme>
>
> This looks correct with a start at 1:40pm and end a 3:20 pm.
>
> On my box when I bring up the EPG it shows a start time of 2:30 pm and
> and end time of 3:20pm. WHats really odd is this is only affecting
> builds based on Ubuntu 9.10 and doesn't affect my older myPVR builds
> based on Knoppmyth.
>
> Local time on the box is correct, timezone file is correct and its
> showing NZST.
>
> Thankfully everything is OK from 3pm onwards.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

I guess by now you have the answer that you are not alone Steve.  I'm running mythbuntu 9.10 also.  I noted there were some data
gaps in mythweb listings around 0200am today, they are now present around 1.45pm and 2.30pm, curiously this is about 12 hours later
from the DST change.  My clock seemed to have transitioned fine.