[mythtvnz] DST Bug under Ubuntu 9.10

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Apr 4 01:37:51 BST 2010

Got an odd issue with the EPG this morning where everything is off by an
hour until after 3pm.

Here's a sample from the EPG data

  <programme start="20100404134000 +1200" stop="20100404152000 +1200"
channel="1036.dvb.guide">
    <title lang="eng">Herbie: Fully Loaded</title>
    <desc>Herbie, the free-wheelin' Volkswagen bug with a mind of its
own, is back - and his new owner Maggie (Lindsay Lohan
) must put the car through its paces on the road to becoming a NASCAR
champion. Also s</desc>
    <category>tvshow</category>
    <category>General Show</category>
  </programme>

This looks correct with a start at 1:40pm and end a 3:20 pm.

On my box when I bring up the EPG it shows a start time of 2:30 pm and
and end time of 3:20pm. WHats really odd is this is only affecting
builds based on Ubuntu 9.10 and doesn't affect my older myPVR builds
based on Knoppmyth.

Local time on the box is correct, timezone file is correct and its
showing NZST.

Thankfully everything is OK from 3pm onwards.

Anyone else seen this?