[mythtvnz] OT: MySkiHDI

Phill Coxon phill at getresults.co.nz
Fri Sep 25 04:36:00 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 14:51 +1200, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> We still do not know if they can do multirec though - if not, then you
> will still run out of tuners during the pre/post roll overlaps between
> programs.

I may be able to answer that.

Recording two channels and watching a third is fine.

But if there are two programs recording finishing at say 7pm and a third
program set to start recording on a third channel starting at 7pm, then
we get hit by the pre/post overlap and our MySkyHDi box crashes while
trying to record all 3 during the overlap period.

I hope that makes sense.  So, it definitely seems to run out of tuners
and loses the plot.