[mythtvnz] OTish Online TV via Telstra 'Ziln'

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:24:34 BST 2009

> Hmmm.  TCL have been playing with IPTV for the last few years internally.
>
> Strange that it's at ICONZ, particularly with the issues there have been
> historically with TCL/ICONZ and interconnects.  But if Ziln is a 3rd
> party (rather than just a branding name for TCL IPTV) that might explain
> it, although I would have thought that they would put the servers in a
> TCL data centre as part of the setup.

Here at my office we have both a Orcon ADSL and an ICONZ Araneo conenction.
I have done traces either way and it looks like they are hooked straight
onto APE (along with everyone else of any note), so I would imagine it is up
to the conscience of each ISP to decide whether or not they will do the
zero-rated traffic.